Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cold Fusion Video

This is rather long. I've been watching it, so that's where I've been. I'm a little concerned that it won't play. This is not an E-cat post per se, but it does have some slight relationship to the concept, so I'll include it in that category.




Update: It seems to be playing for me now.

As for what's on the video, there did appear to be some implausibilities. For example, the appearance of tritium seems unlikely. Also, helium. Other evidence found included some metals, which does appear possible, based on what I've written earlier.

Update:

One thing about the metals mentioned above. It is hard to deny their significance if they were found. If anybody tested this and found metals and then claimed that the experiments were a mistake because no explanation for their existence could provided, it would be a hard thing to square with one's expectation of a respect for truth in science. If it is claimed to be pathological science in such cases, one might well turn the table on the accuser.

Update:

I'm still watching this video. There seems to be an insistence about getting the same results each time. What strikes me as unusual is not the inconsistency of results, but the lack of curiosity about the anomalies. If something appears out of the ordinary, that in itself is indication that something is going on that needs to be investigated. What I'm getting at is this tendency to not to want to see anything. Or if it can't be explained, then deny anything unusual at all. If this turns out to be for real, the scientific community has a lot of explaining to do.

No comments: