Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Morning Summary, 5/25

Good morning.  After a string of record breaking days, it appears that the string has been broken.  But not completely.  While the Blogger pageview record was not broken yesterday, the Siteview record was.  Given the mixed results, you can say that it wasn't clearly a pause, but perhaps it is the first evidence of one.  Well, if so, it is not completely unexpected.  There are bound to be bumps along the way.

Sitemeter's tally 84 visits above the previous 24 hour period.  A good show, clearly a record over the previous day, which I think was in the sixties.

Yesterday, I started looking into the Cold Fusion controversy.  I think there could be a big story here, so I am going to keep digging.

Also there was a troll here yesterday.  Rather than delete the post, I attempted to address the troll.  There could be a need for a "troll" policy.  It seemed that I had one earlier, but dropped it.  Or in this case, I didn't follow my own policy.  In particular, this rule was violated
Rule 3: This isn't going to turn into an insult contest from anybody to anybody else. This blog doesn't do it, and the commenters will not be allowed to do it.

A commenter used the word "moron", which is an insult.  The most immediate reaction would be to get mad and delete it.  Perhaps it may be useful to allow it this one time to show an example of what will not be tolerated.   In the future, I may make exceptions to a rule like this.  Those who do not like it can always ask for a refund.

No comments: