Sunday, July 14, 2013

Housekeeping the blog --- new category

General improvement is a habit of mine, which includes the topic of self-improvement.  So, it is being applied to this blog as well.

This reminds me of a story which may be appropriate here.  It was about a computer program which I wanted to get published back in 1990 or so.  The publisher said that it was too ambitious and covered too much ground.  Also, that the program should be "too easy".

Well, I don't necessarily agree that something should be "too easy".  But it should be as user friendly as is possible to make it.  That was a criticism of the program as well, so I accepted that then and now.

Now, this blog is a bit too complex at times and needs to be streamlined from time to time.  The need lately is to streamline the message a bit.  Or if it can't be streamlined, then explain it as well as I can.

Since there have been a number of such housekeeping efforts, I decided to make a new category out of it.  At some point, the category list itself gets a bit big.  These are subdivided into sub categories which may be helpful in understanding how to navigate this increasingly unwieldy blog.  But it has an excuse since it is getting a bit long in the tooth.  Nearly 6000 posts and you are likely to get a bit complicated.

The goal is not merely to be a chronological source of information, but also have a logical grouping of the posts that can be searched.  ( Hopefully).

One more thing before I finish this post.  The part in the heading which mentions brainstorms is one of the messages of this blog.  I included it in my profile too.  I want solutions to problems.  The idea is not to concentrate on conflict, but solutions that would minimize conflict.

Conflicts may get pageviews because they are more interesting and perhaps fun to watch, but the problems underlying the conflicts remain.  Conflicts can get out of hand and that is a real hazard sometimes, as is being demonstrated with the Zimmerman trial.

I hope this helps in understanding this blog.  If you still don't get it, you are certainly invited to read more of it.  At some point, hopefully the ideas may sink in.  If they do sink in and you still think they stink, well, I guess you don't need to be here then.

But I'm not changing my approaches just to gain popularity.


No comments: