Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Asteroid mining

Making the news?  I put in the link, but I don't like it---uses too many resources.  Anyway, I saw the story on Drudge and so I thought I'd plug it anyway.  While I'm at it, I'll plug my own series about asteroid mining.  You can also find the link on the left sidebar.

On the subject of using too many resources, it is ironic isn't it?  The resources that the website uses is only a very small amount in comparison with the subject matter of mining asteroids.  Yet, it is that very reason why I didn't study the story in more depth.  Ironic.

Why do you suppose that the website uses so many resources?  In order to make money, I suspect.  Same reason for going off and mining an asteroid, provided that you can do it.  Many folks believe that you can't mine an asteroid, or if you can, that you still can't make money doing it.

You make money by using resources efficiently, not by wasting them.  But the subject of waste is also one that not everybody agrees upon.  It can largely depend upon your point of view.

Life can get complicated.


No comments: