Monday, November 2, 2015

Obligatory, 11.2.15; Computer is down

This post is being composed off-line.  It is quite the experience now when there's no internet.  It is like being without electricity, in a sense.  You really feel the loss when it occurs.

Not that I'm without internet access.  I can use my phone in order to access the net, but for these purposes, I won't be doing that now.

Nothing's wrong with the internet connection.  I'm just updating the desktop.  While I'm doing that, the internet connection is turned off.  Don't know if this helps, but it cannot hurt.

The desktop goes idle for weeks at a time sometimes, so it is a big deal to get it going again.  I need to use it for something, but in order to use it, it has to be updated.

What to write about?  Well, that business about Sierra Blanca pretty much tells the story about the USA.  Here you have a great opportunity, and the people there aren't able to see it, and respond negatively to it.  There was also plans to use the area for a nuclear waste dump.

That would also be an opportunity.  A HUGE opportunity.  In  combination with the sewage dump, you could use a molten-salt reactor to make ammonia fuel.  Ship that ammonia to California, which could use it in its hydrogen highway program.  The Japanese are set to begin producing hydrogen fuel cell cars, which can use the hydrogen that could be easily obtained from the ammonia.

Beginning in California, you could build out to the entire nation.

But what if the Californians refuse to accept the ammonia?  You could burn the ammonia and collect the water.  The area would have a large water supply which could be used to grow crops.

This is all a possibility even now, but people will find ways to block it, which is unfortunate.  We are wondering why the economy won't grow.  It is stuff like this that holds the economy back.

Here I am wondering how to make a living out there when the chance of a lifetime exists, but you can't take advantage of it.

All of that big time stuff will have to be set aside.  What my problem is is to make a living out there, and my plan is to drive for Uber in El Paso, and come back out there to farm some crops.

With some research over the weekend, I was able to find a place I could rent for about $350 month, utilities included.  I could buy a trailer for $3800, set it up out there, and move out there as early as April first of next year.  There's some uncertainty involved, and some risk that things won't work out as planned.

But you don't know until you try.  It has been over six months since my last visit.  Who knows what condition the shack is in.  This month, I could go out there on the Thanksgiving weekend and check it all out.


No comments: