Thursday, January 14, 2016

Obligatory, 1.14.16, Navigating the maze of computer security

Seems as though that issue has arisen since I started using the Androids more, and Facebook.  In turn, I started using Facebook in order to promote the blog.  Promoting the blog was one of my New Year resolutions.   Have spent most of an hour just trying to get something down, while I am bogged down with this security crap.

I just resent it, that is all.  If security was inherent, none of thus would be necessary.  It is an extreme waste of time.  But it does give employment to people.  Harrumph.

Now I have forgotten what I came on to the internet in the first place.

As usual, I suppose.  To check on the blog.

Oh, yeah.  Barnhardt had something unusual, even by her standards.  She has been on this Masonry kick lately, and she is tying it into post modernism, if I am not mistaken.

I did not know what to make of that.  It seems that she is veering off into some kind of anti modernism angle and I do not get it.

It almost seems like the limits to growth angle.  That is something I have argued against here.  Seems to me we have already got that, and have had that since the seventies.  It is part of modernism, not the cure for it.  So, I do not get where she is going with that.

To me, it is certainly not a bad thing to have technology, as long as it is used in a responsible way.  Like nuclear power.  Nuclear power could end a lot of our troubles, but the limits to growth types will not let that happen.  The fear of it does not have a basis in science.

You can tie in global warming with that as well.  Those people claim science, but it is not science.  Science is being hijacked.  Just as all of Western Civilization is being hijacked by the left.

I do not believe that there has to be a  conflict between science and religion.  Jesus of Nazareth said that those who are interested in the truth listen to him.  If science is a quest for truth, then, how is that in conflict with what Jesus of Nazareth said?

On the other hand, these leftists reject Christianity, and have an allergy to the truth.  Jesus said that Satan is the father of all lies.  Seems to me like you have a consistency there.  Science is not in conflict with religion, but is in service to it.  Science is a quest for truth if it is anything at all.  If it is in a quest for truth, it is in service to God.

If science is not in service to religion, then it is not a religion, or it is not science, or both.

No comments: